Tuesday 1 June 2010

Latest rant

So I had a mental breakdown on Monday feeling like I never get to do things for myself but just for the rest of my family and that got me thinking - what would I do if I had the time and a stark reality hit me.

I left home at 18 (1990)started nursing for 3 1/2 years my life was studying nursing, once qualified I worked a few years then on top of working full time I started to study for my 4 year degree course online, which during that time I got married and eventually moved to California and finished my degree, so i had a year off in the USA in which i studied and applied for my nursing license, and during my free time I did a theater production of Oliver and did tap classes. By now it was 2002 I got a job, had a baby, kept working, baby grew up, wanted to do activities I took him and ended up doing all this "mandatory" volunteering.

So that is me up to date and if I say pretty pathetic.

I have basically done nothing for myself except earn a living.

What would I like to do - I have no flipping idea. I like to cook but am too fat to eat, so there is a problem.

Any suggestions to my dilemma will be very welcome!!


2 comments:

Keli said...

Oh Katie I feel that way too sometimes. Everyone wanting to peck at me all the time and I want to curl up on the couch with a bowl of ice cream. People wonder why I get up so early - it's to have quiet "me time". Minus the ice cream!

Anonymous said...

Be thankful you have a lovely family