Thursday 21 May 2009

still nothing

So our refurbishment continues and I have not felt well since they started, constant headaches and sore throats, it must be all from the works. It is very draining day in and day out listening to the hammering, banging, soldering and all the other types of noises,  I tried to keep Nathaniel out side but that ended up just making him exhausted and really was no good, so instead we stay home at least some of the time and are tortured while we try to do laundry, cooking  or just some down time etc etc

This I must admit has been the longest and hardest month of my life.

Even nathaniel sigh's as they turn up on the weekends.  Unable to open our windows the house smells and is stuffy and I just wish I could escape to a hotel for a week to "feel better"

Every day I wait for our notice to leave coming through the door, but as of today, I have heard nothing yet, I search through craigslists for rentals and usually they end up being a dead end.

I can do nothing but accept this miserable situation and get my mind and body dragged down and down.  The summer is approaching and I feel like a prisoner in my own home watched and looked at constantly by workmen, knowing my coming and goings, nathaniel misses going out to play and I miss the fresh air  - such a basic thing.

Lets pray for 6.30 when they finally pack up and leave, for about 1 hour I can open the blinds see sunshine and open the windows, just till dark and listen to  - mostly peace



No comments: