Thursday 24 July 2008

The departed










I sit here writing this at 7 pm, I have been up for over 24 hrs and I am feeling very sleepy and tired, so here is the summary of our departure.

We arrived at the Hotel ibis and was able to go bowling and to Mcdonalds before we retired for the evening, our hotel was actually very good.  The next day started off at 6 am, when i awoke, Nathaniel slept till 7.30 then we got the bus to Heathrow terminal 5, half way round on the bus we realized we had left blankie on the bed (rescue attempts have been success
ful).

Entering terminal 5 I was this time around able to enjoy the whole building and not jus
t the toilets from my arrival with an upset stomach.  It looked wonderful and dropping our bags and getting through security promptly gave us time to explore the shops, we first headed for breakfast at Gordon Ramsay's new restaurant "Plane Food" it was relaxing and very lovely and Nathaniel wanted to go back for lunch but given the option of the plane journey he decided that was better.


Our flight was pretty uneventful, apart from very dodgy TV systems and really crap movies that I had never heard of and a faulty air conditioning system that left me melting.

Finally arriving in SFO, I scrambled about to try and find an ATM to get some cash so I could pay for the bus and taxi that took me about 30 ins and another 30 mins waiting on the bus (wasn't our day), eventually landed home just after 5, please let it be bedtime now, Nathaniel's dose on the bus seems to have given him a second wind:(


Now to download 420 pictures from my trip....................and get some shut eye!!

1 comment:

Emily Lauren said...

Katie-
It sounds like you had a great trip. I can't even begin to imagine being gone from home that long. Did you guys have fun? Would you do it again?
Sleep, sleep, and sleep some more. You deserve it my friend. I'm glad you are home safe and sound!!!!!
Em