Sunday 20 July 2008

Plodding on.............to the very end

OK, everyone is going to think I hate the UK, which is totally not true but I do hate travelling for 5 weeks non stop, it is hard, very hard (I know you all think I moan but try it and see what you think), this is the 5Th time I have done it since Nathaniel was born and each time alone, so by the end I am desperate for home, my routine, work, my own bed, see Simon and more importantly a bath.

I haven't had a bath in over 4 weeks (had one since my arrival), that is probably why i am all stung out and tense, I miss relaxing in the bath about 3 times a week, please don't miss interpret that statement, I have been having Showers regularly but for me my bath is my favourite - I definitely don't smell.
The picture above is us on yet another journey, Nathaniel listening to the Ipod as I work out station stops and plan our routes, this journey was taking us into London, it was a fun day going to regents park and catching up with my friend Santosh. Our trip has been good on the mostly getting to catch up with everyone and still missing a few people as despite everything 5 weeks isn't enough. Nathaniel and I are ready for home and with only 3 days left, we can definitely begin to reminisce about our lovely trip. I also apologise for the times I have been abrupt or tired but, it is hard and i get stressed with everything to think about and my main concern has always got to be Nathaniel. I am sure he will definitely remember his trip, even if it is just climbing trees at the Farmers Boy pub, or a playground .

Thank you for having us, but I also have to be totally realistic, with rising costs, school holiday limitations and how all our trips have gone, 5 week trips and touring the country wont be on the agenda for a while, i have to put my thinking cap on to figure something more practical out and for those we stayed with i know you will agree! Nathaniel has been totally amazing, so understanding and polite, it is a lot for a 4 year old to do (cause he understands it all more I have to explain it all) and I know he is looking forward to the moment when he wakes up and doesn't ask the question "who are we seeing today" but just comes through for a morning cuddle on the bed!!

For those who have Skpye - skype us, we would love it, email us for our skype address,

Otherwise........So long from my holiday diary!

No comments: