Tuesday 29 July 2008

What Kind of Fool,

Fed up of being Lazy and sitting around thinking about another half marathon 2 months ago I signed up for the SF 1/2 Marathon, hoping I could get some running in the UK, but didnt manage much and I have been working and suffering from tiredness related to the time change! Now I have a few days till the race, I am definitely panicking about how unprepared and heavy I am.  How do you have the energy I am asked, I don't but sometimes you have to dig deep and find your reserves! 

There are 2 options for me,

1 - Not to Run
2 - Run 

What would you do???


Every part of me is definitely hoping step 1 could be an option but for me I signed up for this race to know I could still manage 13.1 miles after my broken leg, so,  OK I wont qualify for the olympics but I know there must be a beer tent at the end (there actually isn't) - surely thats enough motivation.

Realistically I will let myself down if I don't go for it,

I wont break 2 hrs, but if I get to the finish line, maybe it will motivate me for the rest of the summer, I have till Nathaniel's birthday in september to loose the 20 lb necessary to fit my clothes again. So hang on to your Zimmer frames, I am off to the start line.




1 comment:

Emily Lauren said...

Good luck my friend. If ANYONE can do it, it is you. I know it will be tough, but just remember that you are an inspiration to your son and your friends. I am amazed by your dedication. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!