Sunday 1 February 2009

Finding Balance

so, I really feel like I have lost the balance in my life, with me working so much to try and learn, i feel like it has flipped and all I do is work.

I feel like I cant concentrating, i am eating rubbish as I am so tired, I really feel like my life is just moving on day by day and i am not able to witness any of it.

never even getting to the gym as I have to either work or be ferrying my son to play dates and lesson's.  Previously I have discovered that 2 days worked well in our family but me working 3 pushes us over the edge, however i thought with the flexibility of this job it would help enable me to do more,

but I guess maybe not, lets see how the next month goes

anyone have any answers??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Katharine

Cheer up! Eating rubbish is good sometimes! I think there are times in life when we can't be doing what we want to because of other factors e.g. children, work, husbands, etc. At these times I think it's best to just accept the situation and engage in damage limitation.

Ok so you're eating rubbish and not going to the gym. You're probably feeling really awful because you're eating rubbish and you know that you're not going to be able to get to the gym to 'work off' what you've eaten.

Why not just accept that you're not able to do much exercise just now so that means you have to concentrate on eating as healthily as possible. In a few months, or years(!) you can get back to doing exercise but the main thing just now is to stay healthy in terms of your food intake.

Look at the positives - you get the chance to take Nathaniel out and about to see his friends - some people have to work full time and never have this opportunity. Get a cleaner or order your shopping on-line to take some of the workload off yourself and enjoy your life in the sun!

I know you live in the land where 'everything is possible' but sometimes life isn't like that and thinking that it is just adds to feelings of inadequecy when you don't manage to be superwoman.

You sound like you have a great life and Nathaniel is happy and healthy - what more could you ask for!

We're all freezing in Scotland with more snow forecast!!