Sunday 3 August 2008

I did it....

Not a bad time either around 2.14/2.17

phew, it was very cold,

more later!!

So here goes

August 3rd 2008

I woke up to pee around 1.10 and after that just dozed a little and by 3.00 I was so fed up I just got up the alarm was due to go off at 3.30,

So with a sip of hot tea (didnt want to drink too much) and some melon,

I got dressed up with my number and shoe tag on. Off i went I arrived at the parking lot a little early and then Margaret, her friend Trine and myself heading in, timing was perfect, we parked, pee'd and dropped off our bags, and then waited in line,

Suddenly we were off, Margaret and Trine went speeding off I preferred a slower start, 1, 2, 3, 4 the miles were passing by, a hard climb up to the golden gate bridge beaconed - oh dear, eventually at the top I started the run over the bridge, I knew by the time I finished the bridge portion I would only have 3 miles left and who cant run 3 miles - easy!!

The bridge however was very windy and really cold so my leg muscles in shorts dint like it and it was hard for me to get up any speed, this was disappointing and my split time at 7.5 miles was 1hr 16mins, I carried on though struggling a bit from 10 miles and even nearly got run over by a fire engine who had to come to attend to some injured runners (but not me) Mile 11 seemed to go on for about 10 miles, it was torture, but eventually I hit 12 and then only 1.1 miles to go, then only .5, .4. 3 etc....then, it was all done,

Finished in 2 hrs 14 not my best but not my worst time and more I was trying to get a personal goal achieved - which I did do,

I headed off to collect my medal and any free swag I could get my hands on then headed home,

Hurrah me!!

No comments: