Friday 29 August 2008

End of the first week

Wow the first week went with out any hitches, Natey loves school and even took to the stage in Assembly to introduce the other kids to their class mascot.

I didn't attend the Assembly as I didn't know you could go - I guess i wasn't listening carefully enough but another parent filled me in.  However I was a little concerned that she mentioned everyone was laughing about how he speaks, I kind of have mixed feelings about this as this can move to bullying and teasing, he doesn't realize sometimes why people like or think his accent is funny and to stand on stage and people laugh at you can be daunting, in the early stages of school, you mix with new people and try and fit in and even at this young age impressions are made. We are proud of him no matter what he sounds like.


Anyway enough about that and onto the weather, it has been a scorcher here this week and I really try not to "go on and on" about the weather as I know some people are not so lucky to live in beautiful California, this whole week we have been over 100 oF every day, (you know it will be hot when it is 75 at 6am when I leave for work. This results in a lot of pool time and MANY changes of clothes. I went for a run today with Margaret, but with the heat and my knees being a bit sore it was more like a walk, running is definately better at about 65 oF

Tonight Simon and i are headed out on a "date night" with Lori and Andy Whittock, we are going to T-REX, 
I will probably struggle to find something weight watcher friendly but.....never mind, I am enjoying having the access to my weight watchers on my iphone as they now have a weight watchers mobile program, now I have no excuse to forget the Burgers and chips  I eat!!

OK I have sat here long enough filling you in on how hot I am

Have a wonderful WEEKEND, we have a 3 day weekend with Labor Day on Monday and start off Saturday with 2 afternoon Parties!!

Love to you all and a big welcome to SEPTEMBER - the month Nathaniel turns 5



No comments: