Monday 4 January 2010

Ski day!




THis is what I have been waiting for all Christmas Holidays - to try my skiing skills out again at Sugar Bowl in Lake tahoe!

We drove up and eagerly got our ski's and headed to the slopes!

Things did not start well, my feet were "killing me" but a quick solution - I had them fastened too tight, then once headed for the lift on the nursery slope, Nathaniel slipped - he started to get frightened - being the caring parents we were we shoved him back on and headed up the hill, it became apparent to us immediately that Nathaniel had forgotten everything (sigh), I knew my skills were not good enough to teach him, but we managed a few times up and down before his lesson!!

Once I sent him packing on his lesson I headed for the top
of the baby slope to see if i could remember what to do, I could so up the mountain I went.

I went down the blue run first "trailblazer" this was more "advanced" than the green run but I thought I would give it a go, it was amazing - yes i pretty much managed and the snow was perfect, I never thought I would "understand" snow jargon, but couldn't help myself saying wow this powder is amazing, it truly was a fabulous experience, I ended up doing the blue and the green run (pioneer) 5 times each and my first time down Pioneer was a great improvement from last year where I got stuck half way down and burst into tears unable to go on (course I had to finish). This time I managed mostly weaving but when I felt Ultra brave I would speed down with my ski's parallel. I did those runs with ease and confidence and am keen to try some different runs next time - it was just the mountain is in two bits and didnt want to miss the end of Nathaniel's lesson!!!! He did wonderful too and moved up a level for next time - woo hoo!!




A big thank you to Simon for driving us up and back, especially as we were delayed with traffic coming home and I had hurt my wrist and couldnt drive!












No comments: