Friday 2 May 2008

Forever in our Hearts!

May 1st 2008, I awoke as normal and although feeling a little sick i was able to get up and check my email - come on everyone knows I am addicted.

That morning I read an email from mum that made me feel all numb inside.  Aunty Jean had died surrounded by her husband and daughters earlier that morning.  This is very hard to take in, despite knowing that she had been ill for about a year and a half and had coped admirably with all the treatment thrown at her. This news made me cry and cry.

Aunty Jean wasnt my "real" Aunty but I didnt have any real Auntys so to me she was "my Aunty",  She and Uncle Alex along with Katie and Janet (their daughters) have been our family friends for a long before I came about, we grew up with them around us, they were like another set of parents, Kind and generous and we were always welcome in their home, she now has 4 grand children which I am sure gave her much joy, but you cant help feeling she was robbed a little of life, at her age.

I will remember the many good times we had with her family, many of which involved food and drink and lots of Laughter  with all the kids hanging out together, and also of the trip the germany that I took with them.

The pain of her death can be made a little easier knowing she will no longer suffer but also with the fact we can all remember her as the person she was from Wife and Mother to grandmother, Maths teacher and most of all a very dear friend, we were VERY lucky!


No comments: