Thursday 25 March 2010

lesson well learned

So today I went on a last minute hike, I was excited to go but the steep uphill at the beginning really caused a problem for my Achilles in both my legs, I got my hiking partners to stop for a bit but they were anxious to keep moving, the pain decreased for a bit but the constant uphill and the fast pace they were pursuing made the hike more and more uncomfortable - if they had slowed down it would have been easier.

Eventually I had to give up (I never give up but they were moving too fast and I was not able to allow my legs to recover). So I did what I NEVER do and know better to and that was to return home, they knew I didn't know the route, but were not volunteering to come back down with me, very embarrassed I left feeling very very sad.

So the inevitable happens, I got lost I was scaling the side of blackstone canyon with a dead cell phone (typical) trying to figure out which way was down.

I decided the path I was on was obviously the wrong one so I retrace my steps and eventually find the way down.

So the moral of the story is, if you go hiking with someone, stay with them, even if it means coming back earlier than planned.

Safety is the most important thing, I would do it for you!

Also Little legs cant walk as quick as long legs.

Now on to figure out about how to resolve my tendonitis before my race at the end of next month!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

that was soooo un-cool I agree you never leave a friend behind, i'm glad you made it out safe