Monday 23 June 2008

A new week - Monday to Wednesday

Monday - the day started well, I awoke at 6 (Nathaniel popped into the bed) had a quick chat with Simon on Instant messenger) and then headed out and completed a 6 mile run, not bad and my new trainers still were white despite the rain and mud on the paths. Nathaniel is very keen to climb up the loft.

A trip to the park and Asda and we ended the day with a stroll around hexam and a definate unrealistic expectations with regard to a wheelchair and a steep slope, it was a beautiful place and we enjoyed the shops, garden and park, Natey picked us flowers.

Nateys grace - Dear god, thank you for our dinner, and I hope you have nice dinner too with your..... (does god have a son? he asked and dad breathed as if it was his final breath, I assumed he was shocked by the question mum thought he was ill, we didnt discover who was right! ) with your son and a good breakfast too and if you tell me what you want I will make it for you, Amen

Tuesday - We had a quiet morning, I caught up with a few phone calls then met a friend Emma, Her mum and kids Zach and Caitlin, mum came too and we had a lovely lunch chatting and eating at the Toby Carvery, the rain started again so only 1 dry day so far, and we have had the forcast for another 5 days rain, I laugh when people say we experienced a bad summer last year this year is proving no different.

I lie here at night listening to the rain and as I look out the window I am reminded how light it gets here 10.30pm and still as bright as ever......oh well, time to sleep.


Wednesday - a quiet day, I ran for over 6 miles over the derwant walk, to be totally honest it started off as a 3 mile run but then it was kind of easy and beautiful so i kept going then got lost, after a few detours i finally made my way home thanks to my forerunner. Arriving home I found Nathaniel still in bed refusing to get up till i got back - bearing in mind i had been gone for over an hour and a half it was almost lunchtime, we headed to the shops briefly and then the park returning as there was an urgent need for a poo (natey not me).

Cbeebies was the order of the day for the afternoon and then a quick drive in the van borrowed for our drive upto Edinburgh, a chip supper was in order for dinner and the rain came down and down...........................................................................................................................

No comments: